Thursday, November 9, 2017

Update

Well, my CT scan in July showed some increased activity in the tumors on my liver. My CEA, an indicator of colon cancer activity, number has been going up dramatically over the last 6 months. This has led the doctor to start me on a different drug that is a one hour infusion every two weeks. The side effects are moderate with an itchy rash over my upper torso, neck and head. I am on anti-antibiotics so I don't get an infection and to reduce the intensity of the rash. I also have to put lotions and medicated lotions on myself to reduce the spreading and itching. Everything works relatively well, I suppose. I still itch, constantly. But I am able to get on with my life.

I had my first CT scan since starting the new medication. I should have the results next week. I am still active. My wife and I hike each weekending at least 4 miles. We try to walk daily, also.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're at least feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I walk 20 minutes every day at lunch. I don't do enough hiking though. I need to get back to that.

    Hope your CT scan result comes back with good news. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete